PURPOSE OF YOUR JOB POSITION
The primary purpose of your job position is to assist in implementing, evaluating, and directingactivity programs in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations, as well asour established policies and procedures. We assure through these programs, that the spiritualdevelopment, emotional, recreational, and social needs of the residents are met and maintained onan individual basis.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Listed below is an outline of the duties and responsibilities that you will be required to perform.As ACTIVITY AIDE, you are delegated the responsibility and accountability to carry out yourassigned duties.
Even though your job description is broad, every effort has been made to make this outline ascomplete as possible. HOWEVER, we must emphasize that you MAY be required to performother related duties and activities.
- Visit residents and carry out individualized activity plans
- Assist in maintaining records relating to the Activity Department, (i.e. participation records)
- Provide a reality based activity environment
- Assist residents in securing items necessary for individual activity projects
- Plan and direct selected group activities
- Help transport residents to and from activities
- Assist in the management/supervision of activity room/space
- Assist in the seasonal decoration of the building
- Receive, sort, and deliver mail in a timely manner and see that it is read to the recipient when necessary
- Will work varied hours as assigned by the ACTIVITY DIRECTOR for evening and weekend programming
- Maintain confidentiality of resident care information to assure resident rights are protected
- Other duties as assigned by ACTIVITY DIRECTOR
- Works in well-lighted/ventilated area
- Sitting, standing, bending, lifting, and moving intermittently during working hours
- Subject to frequent interruptions
- Involved with residents, families, personnel, visitors, etc. under all conditions/circumstances
- Subject to aggressive and/or emotionally upset residents, who may strike out physically by hitting, scratching, biting, etc
- Subject to emotionally distraught family members
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily when necessary
- Subject to falls, burns from equipment, infectious diseases, substances, odors, etc. throughout the work day
- This facility will make reasonable accommodations that will permit an employee to perform the essential functions of his/her position
Tower Rehabilitation & Nursing Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Tower Rehabilitation & Nursing Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Tower Rehabilitation & Nursing Center expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Tower Rehabilitation & Nursing Center’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.